Definition of “Authorized Representation”
Designers who have applied to open a shop to sell “authorized representation” type products must ensure that the products promoted and sold in their shop are of high quality and comply with Pinkoi’s Allowed ＆ Prohibited Items policy.
Designers operating shops selling “authorized representation” type products must provide Pinkoi with an authorization document issued by the original brand or the original creator of the products in order to prove that they have officially obtained the right to sell the brand’s products.
Authorization documents must be provided in electronic form. Alternatively, a URL from the brand/manufacturer’s official website listing authorized sellers may be provided. Except in exceptional circumstances or with Pinkoi's permission, the following documents will not be accepted as proof of authorization: invoices, billing statements, proofs of shipment, customs declarations, and correspondences. If the required documentation contains trade secrets or third-party confidential information, you can first cover up the information before forwarding the document to Pinkoi. When sending the document, please also write a statement attesting to the contents of the document.
“Authorized Representation” Shop Sales Authority and Naming Guidelines
(1) Pinkoi will determine different parties’ level of sales authority for a brand’s products from highest to lowest in the following order: original manufacturer/creator > exclusive agent/dealer > non-exclusive agent/dealer
(2) If there already is a shop on Pinkoi with a higher level of sales authority selling a particular brand, and a second party with a lower level of sales authority wishes to apply for a shop to sell the same brand, the following conditions must be met and approved by Pinkoi before the shop can be opened:
- The two parties must sell in different regions.
- Written authorization is required from the original manufacturer/creator or the party with the higher level of sales authority to confirm that the party with the lower level of sales authority is allowed to sell the same brand on Pinkoi.
(3) In order to clearly identify shops that are officially authorized agents/dealers, the names for shops selling “authorized representation” type products must comply with the following guidelines:
- Naming format for shops acting as an agent/dealer for a single brand: “Brand Name + Sales Region + Identity (Abbreviated Company Name)”. Example: Pinkoi Taiwan Exclusive Agent (Pinkoi)
- Naming format for shops acting as an agent/dealer for multiple brands: The name of the shop should be the name of the agent/dealer. The shop cannot use the name of an individual brand.
(4) The shop username (also used in the shop link) for shops selling “authorized representation” type products must comply with the following guidelines
- Shop username format for shops acting as an agent/dealer for a single brand: “Original Brand Name in English + Abbreviated Agent/Dealer Company Name in English + Abbreviated Name of Location in English, all joined by hyphens (-). Example: pinkoi-pk-tw
- Shop username format for shops acting as an agent/dealer for multiple brands: The shop username should be the name of the agent/dealer.
Other Listing Guidelines for “Authorized Representation” Type Products
(1) The listing titles and listing descriptions for “authorized representation” type products should clearly indicate the original brand or creator of the product in order to avoid customer uncertainty regarding the origin of the product.
(2) If shops that have already been opened wish to add another new brand that they are authorized to sell, they can apply by sending an email to email@example.com (making sure to include formal authorization documents, product descriptions and photos of the products to be sold). New products may only be listed after approval is received from Pinkoi. Pinkoi reserves the right to remove without notice, any listed products that have not been approved by Pinkoi and have not had authorization documents submitted for them. In these instances a warning may be recorded for the shop at Pinkoi’s discretion.
(3) Designers who have applied to open a shop to sell “authorized representation” type products may not list “original design” or “antique and vintage” type products in their shop without approval from Pinkoi.
(4) Sales Region: Shops must configure shipping fees for the regions that they are authorized to sell in (by the original manufacturer/creator). Shipping fees should not be configured for regions that they are not formally authorized to sell in.
(5) Sales Period: If the authorized sales period has expired, designers must take the initiative to provide Pinkoi with new valid documentation indicating that they are still authorized to sell a brand’s products for a new subsequent period. If a shop no longer has the rights to sell a brand’s products, all relevant listings will need to be removed and the designer should notify Pinkoi to arrange for the closure of the shop. Other products that have not been submitted for review or have not had authorization documents submitted for them may not be listed.
(6) If there are products listed that violate listing guidelines, after inspection by Pinkoi, the listings may be removed without notice and a warning will be recorded for the shop. In the case of a severe violation, a shop may be closed in accordance with Shop Guidelines and a fine will be imposed.