Listing products in an inappropriate manner can affect search results and the overall browsing experience of Pinkoi users. To ensure the quality of Pinkoi’s user experience, all designers must comply with the following guidelines when listing a product.
Repeatedly listing identical products
You may not repeatedly list identical products in the same shop or in different shops run by the same operator. The following situations constitute violations of the Listing Guidelines:
- The same product is listed multiple times in the same shop but placed under different listing categories.
- The same product is listed multiple times in the same shop, but with different prices.
- The same product is listed multiple times in the same shop, with only slight differences in the product photos, listing titles, or product descriptions.
- The same seller (operator) has listed the exact same or only slightly different products multiple times in different shops.
If one of the above violations is identified by the Pinkoi team, all duplicate listings will be removed, and only the most recent of the listings will remain. In the event that the violation is serious or there are repeated violations, the seller will be issued a warning or face shop suspension in accordance with Pinkoi’s Shop Guidelines.
Listing products that cannot be purchased
Shops may only create listings for products in any Pinkoi-approved category that are actually available for purchase. Product listings are not to be used for pure display, as advertisements, or to make announcements. If a listing is found to have violated Pinkoi’s Listing Guidelines, Pinkoi will limit the listing’s exposure, deactivate or delete the listing, and, depending on the seriousness of the situation, may issue a warning to the offending shop.
Deliberate substitution of goods
You may not edit an existing product page to replace the original listed product with a different product. If a seller wishes to make any of the following changes, they are encouraged to create an entirely new product listing to reflect those changes and deactivate or delete any listings that are no longer accurate or up-to-date. Violations include but are not limited to the following situations:
- Making changes to an extant listing’s title, image(s), brand, category, variation, etc. to reflect a product that is not the one that was originally listed.
- Editing an extant listing to change a product’s stated function or features (e.g., Changing the title or content of a listing to say “medical masks” when the product was originally listed as “non-medical masks”).
- Editing an extant listing to change the listed product’s model or application (e.g., Creating a listing for an iPhone 12 case, then switching the listing title to instead say “Samsung Galaxy S22 case”).
- Editing an extant listing to change the form in which a product is sold/received (e.g., Listing a paper greeting card, but then changing the listing title to “e-card”).
If one of the above violations is identified by the Pinkoi team, all inappropriately edited listings will be deleted. In the event that the violation is serious or there are repeated violations, the seller will be issued a warning or face a one-month shop suspension in accordance with Pinkoi’s Shop Guidelines.
Use of unauthorized text and images for promotion
Sellers are cautioned not to edit or post promotional content on various sections of their shop page / Pinkoi’s platform (including but not limited to shop name, shop banner, shop announcements, shop story, listing title, listing description, listing image(s), listing tags, windows, etc.) in the following unauthorized ways:
- Using words or images for which one has not received authorization of use from the appropriate parties or that portray products or shops in an inaccurate or exaggerated way.
- Using text that is irrelevant to one’s shop or the products it sells. See the Listing Tag Guidelines for further explanation of what constitutes "irrelevant text".
- Promoting one’s shop using the Pinkoi brand without explicit permission from Pinkoi. Including "flagship shop" or "flagship brand" in one’s shop name or using words such as "Pinkoi Preferred" or "Pinkoi Recommended", for example, would violate this guideline.
- Any other text or images that the Pinkoi team finds to be in violation of Pinkoi’s Listing Guidelines.
If a seller receives notice that they have violated Pinkoi’s Listing Guidelines regulating the use of unauthorized text and images for promotion, they must comply with all of Pinkoi’s requests, make any necessary edits, and report back to the Pinkoi team in the amount of time designated by Pinkoi. If the seller does not comply before the deadline, any listings that are found to be in violation of the Listing Guidelines will have their exposure limited and be deactivated or deleted. Additionally, Pinkoi will issue a warning to the offending shop. In the event that a violation is serious or there are repeated violations, the offending shop will face suspension.