The misuse of irrelevant keywords as tags on listings can affect search results and the overall browsing experience of Pinkoi users. In order to prevent this, all designers must comply with the following guidelines when using tags on their listings.
Listing Tag Usage Guidelines
- You may only use a maximum of 10 tags per listing.
- Tags in English or Thai can include a maximum of 20 characters. A space counts as 1 character.
- Tags in Chinese cannot have spaces or punctuation and can include a maximum of 6 characters.
- Tags in Japanese cannot have spaces or punctuation and can include a maximum of 12 characters.
- Tags using a mixture of languages (such as English and Chinese or English and Japanese) will be subject to the character limit of the language with the shorter limit.
Irrelevant keywords cannot be used in the tags for listings. Violations include but are not limited to the following situations:
- Using brand names of competing products or irrelevant brand names, such as:
- A listing for a bag using “Celine”, “Prada” or other similar brand names as tags.
- A listing for a perfume using "Jo Malone", "Diptyque" or other similar brand names as tags.
- Using keywords that are not directly related to the product itself or have a low degree of relevance, such as:
- A listing for a product only available for Android devices, using "iPhone", "Mac", etc. as tags.
- A listing for a home and living or outdoor product using “Mask” or “Covid” as a tag.
- A listing for a bracelet using “Necklace” or “Earrings” as a tag.
- Using false or misleading text, such as:
- Using “Customizable” as a tag on a listing that does not offer customization.
- Using “Red”, “Green” or other colors as tags on a listing that is actually for a yellow colored product.
- Unauthorized use of the Pinkoi brand name in tags, such as “Pinkoi Select”.
- Using other keywords determined to be irrelevant by the Pinkoi Team.
If a designer receives notification from Pinkoi about a listing tag violation, the designer must cooperate by completing amendments and notifying Pinkoi within the specified period of time. If amendments are not made in time, Pinkoi may restrict exposure for the offending listing or deactivate it until the designer confirms that amendments have been completed.
Depending on the situation, Pinkoi may also directly delete the offending tags without notice to the designer. Pinkoi may also limit exposure for the designer’s shop or record a warning for the shop based on the severity of the violation.
If the designer reactivates an offending listing without making amendments or violates the tag usage guidelines repeatedly, Pinkoi will record a warning for their shop or suspend their shop for one month.