Definition of a Licensed Product:
A “Licensed product” specifically refers to a designer obtaining formal permission from a rights holder to use the rights holder’s trademarks, images, characters, patterns, etc. to design, develop and sell products.
For example: Receiving permission from Snoopy’s rights holder Peanuts, to design and produce cups featuring Snoopy and other characters.
- Please select the “Licensed product” checkbox only after you have confirmed that your product meets the definition above. In order to ensure that permission for the use of trademarks/images in listed products is obtained legally, Pinkoi may request that you provide corresponding licensing documentation for verification at any time.
- “Licensed products” must only be sold in areas where permission to sell has been obtained from the licensor. Shipping fees cannot be configured for areas that you are not permitted to sell to.
- “Licensed products” may only be sold during the defined licensing period. Once the license for a product has expired, you must immediately deactivate its listing or remove it from your shop.
- If required by the licensor, the licensor’s branding text or logo may be added to product photos. In this case, photos will not be subject to the limitations described in Pinkoi’s Photo Guidelines. However, only the licensor’s branding text or logo may be added to photos. Other text such as descriptions or discounts may not be added.
- When using officially licensed fabrics to create products for sale, permission must first be obtained from the rights holder. The “Licensed product” checkbox cannot be selected before permission is obtained.
Violations & Penalties:
If you incorrectly select the “Licensed product” checkbox or violate the above-mentioned listing guidelines, after a customer complaint or report, and verification by Pinkoi, the listing will be deactivated or deleted without further notice, and a warning will be recorded for your shop. In the case of a severe violation, your shop will be closed and a fine will be issued in accordance with Pinkoi Shop Guidelines.
Article is closed for comments.