1. Definition of an Eco-Friendly Product
You can select “Eco-Friendly” as a unique feature when creating your listing once you confirm that your listed product meets at least one of the following definitions:
- The product is made from environmentally friendly materials and a third-party certification badge or document can be provided as proof. Example: A product that does not contain toxic chemicals and is manufactured using biodegradable materials.
- The product can replace everyday consumables, is reusable, and simultaneously meets one of the following conditions:
- The product uses environmentally friendly materials. Example: Reusable organic cloth sanitary pads.
- The production process reduces resource consumption.
- Unlike other similar products or consumables, the product design aims to "extend the lifespan of the product." For example, while regular calendars can only be used for a year, perpetual calendars are designed to be usable for multiple years.
- The product materials or raw materials come from members of fair trade organizations, or the brand itself has obtained relevant fair trade certifications.
- The product ships with packaging made from recycled materials. Example: A product ships using reused paper bags, recycled newspaper packaging, or packaging that is recyclable, low-pollution and resource efficient.
- The product or service has received third party certification from a sustainability organization or environmental organization, or has received an environmentally friendly badge (certification by domestic or international organizations are both acceptable). Example: FSC™Forest Stewardship Council certification, B Corporation certification, carbon neutral certification, energy efficiency certification, etc.
If a product can only be used for environmentally friendly purposes or is reusable, but does not match any of the definitions above, then it does not meet the definition of an eco-friendly product.
The product is a travel mug that is not manufactured using materials certified as being environmentally friendly and/or does not use recycled packaging. This product would not be considered an eco-friendly product. Therefore, the “Eco-Friendly” checkbox under “Unique Features” cannot be checked when creating a listing for this product.
The product is a canvas bag, but what sets it apart from other bags is not a design focused on "extending its usage lifespan." Its environmental impact relies solely on consumer usage habits. Therefore, the “Eco-Friendly” checkbox under “Unique Features” cannot be checked when creating a listing for this product.
2. Listing Guidelines
When creating a listing, you may check the “Eco-Friendly” checkbox under “Unique Features” only after confirming that your product meets the definition above. You must also provide a detailed explanation about why your product is considered an eco-friendly product in your listing description, so that customers can clearly understand. In order to ensure that listed products are in compliance with guidelines, Pinkoi may request that you provide related certification documentation or supporting materials for inspection at any time.
3. Violations & Penalties
If you incorrectly select the “Eco-Friendly” checkbox or are unable to provide verifiable supporting information to prove that your product is eco-friendly, after a customer complaint or report, and verification by Pinkoi, your listing will be deactivated or deleted, and a warning will be recorded for your shop. In the case of a severe violation, your shop will be closed and a fine will be issued in accordance with Pinkoi Shop Guidelines.