1. Guidelines for Listing Digital Products
When listing digital products, designers should ensure that all products are in compliance with Pinkoi’s Allowed & Prohibited Items policy, which includes the following three conditions:
- Digital products should show originality and must be conceived, designed and developed by the designer or their team, and be in compliance with Pinkoi’s Allowed & Prohibited Items policy;
- Digital products should not be items that fall under the “Prohibited items” section of Pinkoi’s Allowed & Prohibited Items policy. Digital products should also not include content that is expressly prohibited by this policy;
- Digital products should not contain information leading to external websites.
If digital products in a shop are found to be in violation of guidelines after customer complaints or reports are filed, and an investigation by Pinkoi is conducted, Pinkoi may directly deactivate or remove the products without prior notice and record a warning for the shop. In the case of a severe violation, the shop will be closed and a fine will be imposed in accordance with Pinkoi’s Shop Guidelines.
2. Suggestions for Listing Digital Products
Pinkoi’s 7-day appreciation period is not applicable to digital products due to their uniqueness (See: Returns Policy for Digital Products). However, in order to avoid customer disputes, designers must include the following information in their digital product descriptions or on their shop page as an announcement:
- A clear description of how digital products will be delivered to customers;
- A statement fully disclosing and informing customers that “by placing an order, they understand that the product is a digital good and that they agree to forfeit their right to request any type of refund or exchange for the product in the future”.
Furthermore, in order to help customers understand digital products as well as possible before purchasing, and to avoid disputes between sellers and customers caused by refund requests, designers should try their best to provide a trial of their digital products through videos, images or other means on their respective product pages. Good introductions and descriptions for products can help customers to speed up their purchasing decisions.