What are ads?
Pinkoi Ads provides ad positions in Pinkoi search results () and under listing categories () via an ad auction mechanism that designers can use to advertise their listings. This can improve exposure and visibility for listings and also increase shop revenue. An example of an ad position is shown in the graphic below.
What are the benefits of ads?
In addition to giving your listings a chance of appearing in better positions on the Pinkoi website and increasing their exposure, ads also allow you to:
1. Take advantage of traffic brought in by Pinkoi promotions and official marketing channels.
Official Pinkoi promotions and posts on Facebook/Instagram use links to search results and listing categories for promotion. Also, the traffic brought in by official Pinkoi marketing channels gives designers who purchase ads a significant amount of additional exposure for their listings. Designers not only purchase an ad position among search results, but also an opportunity to be promoted by an official Pinkoi promotion!
2. Receive free advertising from ads Pinkoi places outside the site
The Pinkoi marketing team purchases offsite ads via Facebook, Google, Criteo and other online advertising services, with a portion of the content of these ads being based on users’ browsing history. For example, a user searches for phone cases on Pinkoi and then clicks on your listing. After the user leaves the Pinkoi site, they will see ads purchased by Pinkoi on other external platforms and websites reminding them to purchase your product. In other words, when designers purchase onsite ads from Pinkoi, Pinkoi will also purchase offsite ads for their product free of charge.
- How do I begin running ads?
Before you begin to run ads, you will need to complete the following configurations:
1. Select a credit card to bind to the Pinkoi Ads. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged before any ads are enabled and clicked on.
2. Configure your daily budget. This is the maximum amount you’re willing to spend on ads per day.
3. Select 3 to 5 listings to run ads for. These can be popular products or products that you want to promote. You can select these products based on information from Shop Manager or based on your shop’s marketing strategy.
4. Configure the max. CPC bid (maximum cost-per-click bid) for each ad. This is the maximum amount you are willing to spend for a single click from a potential customer.
If you are unsure about how to decide on the amount of your max. CPC bid, you can take a look at the amount recommended by the system.
5. Select which language and customer base you want to run ads for. Currently, ads can only be run for Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) and Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong and Macau).
6. Review ad performance on a weekly basis in order to observe changes in metrics and to continue to optimize your listing information and max. CPC bid.
You can click on a listing name in order to view more detailed ad information.
Metrics for Pinkoi Ads are updated daily at 11 AM (GMT+8).
If you are unsure of how to interpret ad metrics, you can take a look at “Ads (3): Interpreting ad performance and metrics” and “Ads (5): Recommendations for ad optimization”.
You can consider running even more ads as you gain experience. We also recommend that you share your experiences and engage in discussions with other designers in the designer community.