Please go to “Shop Manager”. From the left hand panel select “Promotions” → “Coupons". You can then configure the type of discount you want to provide and create a corresponding coupon code. After completing configurations, you only need to provide the coupon code to customers, and they will be able to use it for a discount when they check out.
Limiting the number of times a coupon can be used by individual accounts
Under “Number of Uses Per Account” on the “Create New Coupon” page, you’ll be able to configure coupons for single use or unlimited use per account. You can also configure if you want to have a coupon automatically sent when your shop is followed by an account.
1. When selecting “Unlimited use”
An individual account will be able to use the coupon an unlimited number of times. For example, after using the coupon on an order, the user will be able to use it again on the next order and so on.
2. When selecting “Only once”
- An individual account will only be able to use the coupon once. After using the coupon on an order, the user will not be able to use it again on another order. However, if the order the coupon is used on is canceled, the user will be able to use the coupon on another order.
- If the coupon is received by an account for following your shop, after it is used, the account will not be able to receive the coupon again even if the user unfollows your shop and then follows it again.
- Sample Scenario: You have configured 2 coupons to be automatically sent when an account follows your shop. Coupon A was configured on 8/1 and coupon B on 8/10.
- If an account follows your shop on 8/2, receives and uses coupon A, then unfollows your shop and follows it again on 8/11, it will not receive coupon A again. It will only receive coupon B on 8/11.
- If an account follows your shop on 8/11, receives and uses coupon B, then unfollows your shop and follows it again, it will not receive coupon B again and will not receive coupon A either.