There is no guideline against using a white-background (no-background) photo as a product photo. However, Pinkoi strongly recommends taking product photos in real-life settings as this is more consistent with Pinkoi's overall style. Customers also prefer photos taken in real-life settings to ones with white-backgrounds.
Articles in this section
- What are the advantages of using photos taken in real-life settings? What type of product photo will grab the attention of Pinkoi customers?
- Can I use a white-background photo as product photo?
- Can I alter the photo colors in any way?
- If I want to sell products as a "bundle," can I combine the products' photos?
- How should I take product photos for products that come in different colors, patterns or styles? What’s the best way to list them?
- I want to add text (or labels) to my photos to explain my products. Will this be seen as a violation of Pinkoi's guidelines?
- Do you have any tips for taking great photos?
- Is there a recommended color model for photos?
- Is there a way to prevent thumbnails cropping my photos?
- Why can't I upload photos?